She is still as cute as a bug and growing up. She is one and a half months from turning 3. No signs of controlling bodily functions yet. She is very smart and understands so much but her body just does not appear ready or able to yet. After her birthday, we will begin a rigourous schedule for total bowel training unless we see her gain control herself. Unfortunately, the bladder control may be spinal cord or nerve related and we will just have to wait and see if she improves. She is now showing some developmental delay but I am not sure how significant it is. She has her checkup next month and I will know more then. She doesn't know any of her colors yet, but she seems to understand counting a little...like 1, 2, & 3. Normally by 3, she loses focus, but hey, one and two works for me. The other day she kept saying the wrong color when pointing to shapes and called something purple that wasn't (she never gets one right). So I showed her something purple and she said, "No, that's Barney." So she at least matched the color with something that she new was the same. She seems to have some sensory issues. Her frequent meltdowns and violence (hair pulling, pinching, spitting, biting, and hitting) appear to happen when she is overly stimulated. Now that the kids are in school, I notice an amazing difference when the house is quiet. She is a different little girl. She misses the kids but enjoys the attention she is getting. She is becoming more and more loving not only verbally but physically. She often hugs and lays her head down on me and gets as close as she can telling me she loves me. She could not cuddle when we got her a year and a half ago so we have come a long way baby! She could not stand to be held close when she first came her (she had to face out when you held her...now she craves it at times. I try to hold her and cradle her like a baby as often as she allows me to so that she can experience the things she missed. She loves to rub my skin and kiss me. Kenny and I took her to lunch last week and she grabbed her daddy around the neck and said "I wuv you Dada" and while holding his neck in a headlock she pulled me into her with the other arm and kissed me saying "I wuv you Mommy" never letting go of either one of us. Lunch...20 bucks, gasoline to get there, 30 bucks, this moment with Cintia....PRICELESS!
Today, little miss princess welcomed her siblings home from school upon awakening from a short nap in the car like this: "Hey Casey! How was school today?" (Casey answers good) She replies "Your school was good. Hey Chase!" Hey Cintia! (Chase answered.) "How was school today?" She went right down the line until everyone in the car filled her in. She is saying exactly what I always say to them. It was too cute!
More later!
April



No comments:
Post a Comment