Sorry for the lack of updates but I do have good reasons. Beyond the obvious that I am physically, emotionally, and in almost every way I can currently think of....DRAINED!!!!!, I have literally been surviving. I arrived home late Tuesday night (last week) after a rough flight (thought we were crashing as did everyone else on the plane...but obviously we did not). Wednesday, we were at church all day for rehearsal and set prep for our Extreme Sing musical..Heaven's Kitchen. Thanks Deborah! She & I (and our poor children) have been at church every spare minute for weeks preparing. We worked all week with more rehearsals on Friday...not leaving church until 7:00 that night. We celebrated McKenna's 7th Bday on Saturday at Lake Winnie...(Happy Birthday sweetheart!). We were back at church Sunday morning from 8:30 in the morning until after 8:00 that evening for our performances and the musical in the evening service (pictures will come later). We transformed our stage into heaven and it was perfect! Monday, we got Casey off to camp, met with Deborah to take down the set, took McKenna to gymnastics for 3 hours, squeezed in a dinner to celebrate 18 yrs. of marriage for Kenny and I, picked McKenna up, went home, and crashed. On Tuesday, my body crashed. I became very ill with something (flu, infection, pig flu....who knows!). I thought I would die that night and it did not go away. My children have tended one another all week since dad is working every day and I am not yet back to the land of the living. I am trying very hard not to spread my germs but you know that can be impossible. Pray everyone else stays well. For now, I am praying I can pack Payton & Chase tomorrow for camp. They leave Sunday with Kenny (who is camp doc) and will be gone until Thursday. I haven't felt this "At the end of my rope!" in a long time. Honestly, I need a hole to bury myself in for a while. The stress of the Guatemala nightmare, the stress of the US immigration nightmare in regards to Cintia, the stress of the possibility of losing her to a system that would swallow her up, juggling 6 kids and a schedule that is impossible to keep up with if I were 5 people instead of the one person that I am, medical issues with Cintia, legal documents and reports requiring lots of thought and a well body to compose, school here or in Guate major issues and documents to prepare, closing down school from this year...I homeschooled 4 this year, the stress and issues caused from the lack of information flowing from Guatemalan attorneys and courts, plus all of the daily life in the Hayman household of 8 and multiple critters....I am exhausted and need to disappear for a while! Ugh!! I am tried even typing my life. Pray for rest for the weary and a healthy body to move forward....next update, I'll be back to my upbeat self. Right now....I need to lay down...
Blessings!
April
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh April! I will be praying and praying more than usual for you. So sorry to hear you are not feeling well. You've been through so much lately. I guess your body has just had enough!
The musical was heavenly! The girls loved it and we loved watching. The stage was awesome and I know it took a lot of man hours to get it just right. You guys are awesome.
Hang in there. Praying... Tracey
April, as a mother I know it's hard to do but please take care of yourself!
We've added extra time to our prayer time just for the Hayman and Coleman families.
Your dad and Mary keep us updated I know they are worried about you but sooo PROUD. They talk with such pride and love of your whole family.
Take care and if you need us just ask and I'll do what I can.
Wilma
Post a Comment