Monday, May 25, 2009

It's official....I am crazy!

Let's all pray that the picture of a girl and a tree that I had to draw did not indicate that I had completely lost my mind.

I liked the social worker better than the shrink, but I think it went okay. For the very first time, I cried during an interview. I didn't mean to...it was not expected...and I did not boo hoo. Why did I cry? She asked me at the end of the interview whether we wanted to continue to take care of Cintia. I teared up and said, "For the rest of her life....she has been our daughter for 14 months and we could not imagine our lives without her. We will come to Guatemala to take care of her if we need to...but we want to be the ones who take care of her forever." Then she asked me to draw a picture of a girl and a tree. The last question was, "How old is the girl you drew?" I said 17????" That was it.

Prior to my interview, I received a call from my friend Marisol. She is our contact for Norma, McKenna's birthmom. McKenna's half sister, Veronica, is due with her first baby. She and Norma had a fight and she left with her boyfriend/husband a few months ago (don't know if they have gotten married legally or just common law). Veronica is a difficult girl...not personable like her mom & McKenna...and does not get along with her in-laws either. Apparently, in the last few days, Veronica's boyfriend/husband killed someone and took off to hide. Veronica was scared that the family of the victim would come hunting her so she went to Norma. Norma took her to the doctor since her baby is already due. The baby is not turned right and she needs a c-section. Norma wanted to know if we could help. She doesn't even know that I am here....it is just amazing how God's timing works out. I am trying to arrange to pay for the c-section. Here it is around $500-600 which is more than they could afford. We will arrange to pay the hospital through a contact instead of wiring money to Norma. Anyway, pray for safety for McKenna's birth family and her 1st neice or nephew. We would never deny help to this family that gave us our daughter. Norma is a wonderful person and she never asks for something unless she needs it.

Well, now I am going to visit the school (it all worked out) and then to look for housing. More later!

Blessings!
April

1 comment:

Faith, Family, Future said...

Can't wait to hear from you soon. Praying for McKenna's birth family.
Love ya,
Tammy