Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Visa Extension Approved!

Finally, with one day left for the US to comply with their time limit, they approved Cintia's extension! I don't know if they gave her 8 or 12 months but she was approved. This does not change anything regarding getting a new visa. It is just a ticket to stay a bit longer on her old one. A visa extension is actually a visit extension. Since her visa expired in April, it means she is still here legally. This does not mean she will get another visa or ticket to leave Guatemala once we return for her hearing. I just didn't want to confuse anyone. We have to return with her to Guatemala for her hearing...there is no option to stay without missing the hearing that we have waited for for soooooo long. Anyhow, we want everything to do with her record clean and tidy....now it will be. When we return for her hearing, we will visit the embassy and sign her in...which signs her out of the Children of the Americas program. They will look at her old visa along with the extension and she will have met the requirements of compliance. To get another visa, we will have to start from scratch and reapply....if that turns out to be the route we need to take.

I am packing for my trip today. Kenny is out of town until Thursday afternoon. Tomorrow is a day full of doctor's visits...post-op for me, check-ups for the twins, and shots for Cintia. We will then go straight to gymnastics and church returning tomorrow night. I will leave around 5:00 Thursday morning so Granny Charlotte is coming to take care of the kids while Kenny is away and on the days he works. Pray for a safe productive trip and for safety for my family at home. I will update everyday (at least once) with the progress we make.

Blessings!
April

No comments: