Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Finally....an update

I have lots to update but no time....we are going camping and loading now! I will try to update while we are camping....yes there is wi-fi at the campground. Don't think for a minute that I am going to "rough it" and really camp.

Except for ongoing sickness on my part (can't seem to get through one illness without getting another), we are fine. God has given my family the gift of me with no voice due to bronchitis. That is probably a good thing....I can't yell at anybody. Funny thing is that everybody whispers to me too...I guess it is a normal reaction.

Attorney gave a good update last week and I will share that later. We have an appointment with a neurosurgeon in Knoxville tomorrow. We will leave from the campground and drive to Knoxville. It is almost an hour closer to Knoxville than our house...so that is a good thing. He is working us in on a day he is not normally in the office. I really liked him on the phone. He is very personable and a good communicator which is not common for neurosurgeons and neurologists according to Kenny. Most have peculiar personalities...probably deep thinkers considering the field they are in. Anyway, I really feel good about him. He is not surgery happy but wants to lay hands on Cintia before deciding whether she needs surgery right now or whether we can wait. She does seem to be worsening to Kenny and I. She is really dragging her left foot...both drag but it is worse than the right. Maybe it is more noticeable because she is 3 1/2 months from being 3 years old and it is so noticeable compared to other kids her age that something is wrong. The fellow at the Stride Rite shoe store who has been fitting kids for shoes for at least 20 years noticed in 5 steps that she was toe walking. I think she teeters more than toes walks but I don't have the experience to call it. Uneven surfaces and door thresholds are the hardest thing for her. I will let you know how the appointment goes.

Gotta go...our glass patio table just shattered with Payton under it while she & Chase were trying to put the umbrella back in the table. They are alive with a few cuts. I stuck them in the shower (seperately of course) and told them not to rub. Now I will go deglass the heads of my children and clean up my backyard. So are the days of our lives!

Blessings!
April

1 comment:

Wilma said...

Ahhh the life ofthe Hayman Family when this is over you need to write a book, I will buy the first copy! Mary has updated us so we will continue to pray lots. have fun "camping" Wilma