Yesterday's post never happened. I simply landed exhausted in the recliner at 10:00 last night, scooped up the wild child as she ran by because my eyes would not stay open and I couldn't trust her running around the house, and we both fell asleep until 1:30 in the morning. Cintia actually woke me up then so we headed off to bed. By the time we were both in our jammies and teeth were brushed, she was ready to go to sleep and I was wide awake. It seems that the closer we get the harder it is to sleep. Most nights I wake up in the early morning (normally 3:00) and everything happening just weighs on my heart and mind. Then....it is time to get up just as I doze back off. The culmination of weeks upon weeks of this has been exhausting. Cintia, who has always been a great sleeper, has been restless too and cries out in the night. If (and that is a big if) she is in her bed, I say, "It's okay. Mommy & Daddy are right here." She says, "Get me out!" to which I say that "it's still nighttime....I'll get you when it's morning time." So what does she say when she wakes up in the morning? "What time is it?" You better not say 8:00 or any other number...you best say "morning time" or "nighttime" otherwise she screams! "Nooooooooooo!!! I said what time is it?" Once she knows it is morning time, she smiles.
I have word that one of the notifications has been officially made. The others probably have too. That means the hearing should go on as planned. Without the notifications, they could postpone. I am glad to know that will not likely happen.
We will leave next Saturday evening or at 2:00 in the morning on Sunday to catch our flights. Kenny is escorting our little friend Jose on American Airlines and the girls and I are flying Delta. Jose had major surgery to remove a large mass from his face. It was doubtful he would heal enough to go home next Sunday but things have drastically improved so Jose will probably see his family for the first time in 13 months. What a blessing it will be to see their reunion!
Thanks so much for checking on us. I better go because my little sassafrass is getting very sassy! Imagine that!
Blessings!
April
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I am so happy that sweet Jose is getting to finally see his precious family. What an amazing reunion that will be. Be sure to take pics:)
Post a Comment