Today is our two week mark. It seems that we have been here longer, but that is the way time is here. It just moves slower for some reason. The kids are doing great...just a little board because we have been staying busy getting the house together and getting Cintia situated. All the American kids are basically at home in the US for vacation. Everyone should start returning next week or the week after.
Cintia's new nanny started Monday. Jessica is beautiful inside and out, and Cintia really likes her. She has witnessed Cintia's temper (spitting included) and handles it very calmly. She knows what she is up against, and praise God she is eager to do her best with Cintia! Somedays we survive and other days we thrive....praying for smoother days ahead!
Now for the big news...drum roll please...we have hit a bump...not really a bump....more like a huge pot hole in road! We have a great attorney. Both he and his partner are completely ethical, Christian men. Having said that, suddenly I can't find them. Their website has been closed under construction. There email address is closed, our attorney's cell has been turned off, there is no one answering the phone at the only office number we have, ...shall I say "good grief" at this point? Last month, I finally got a response to an email. It came from an odd email address basically saying that many clients were not getting replies to their emails so a new email address was being used and the other would be closed. It was not signed by either attorney. I then got a personal response that was suppose to be from my attorney yet it wasn't signed with any name...and the spelling and grammar were not consistant with that of our attorney. I assumed he was having his legal secretary answer the email because he was busy. In the past, however, he would copy her and me and say she could help me with that information...and she would sign her emails. I know that the last time a friend of mine spoke with him (which was in June), he was traveling a lot inside of Guatemala working on cases. Since adoptions suspended at the end of 2007, many attorneys are struggling for work. Not struggling like the poor people of Guatemala, but struggling to keep their lifestyle. Without maintaining a higher level of lifestyle, I am sure they would not get to work with good clients....meaning those that pay and/or are safe to represent. I am honestly just guessing at "why" the above things are going on when honestly I have no idea exactly the circumstances we are facing.
I know that one week from yesterday we will show up at court with or without representation. I know that a friend of mine will drive to their old office address in the morning and see if they are there anymore. I know that I am choosing not to worry about all of this because I know that God has it all under control. I know that this is too big for me but not for Him. I know that by giving it to Him I can focus on what is happening today...like surviving life with a little girl who has bigger battles to face in her life than a court hearing next Tuesday. And those battles...well, they are the ones I can help her face today, tomorrow, and beyond. Why worry about tomorrow when today has enough worries of its own! Next week is huge for Cintia...it is the step that makes her adoptable and gives her a chance for a secure future....but we know who holds the future, right???? So no worries! He will WORK IT OUT!
Blessings to all!
April
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment