skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Picture Worth a Thousand Words.... Guess where we are?
Cheeeeeeeeeeez!
Don't we all look so happy!!!!! (Notice the 12 yr. old on the back row.) Another funny note is that the pants on McKenna are Cintia's. McKenna rode the Kali River Rapids and got stuck under the waterfall and was soaked! I remembered putting Cintia an extra outfit in the backpack. And thanks to McKenna's tiny stature...wah lah! We had capris. Notice also the black boots with a 2 inch plus hill on McKenna. You will all be happy to know that by wearing them every single day, McKenna has ridden everything from Tower of Terror to Space Mountain. The only ride she did not make was the Rockin Roller Coaster. Chances are she won't get to ride it until she is a teenager. She is 6 1/2 yrs. old and measures 41 1/2 inches on her own. So.....thank you Stride Rite for making 2 1/2 inch heels for young girls. You made McKenna's dream come true!
Oh how she loved the Mouse! This picture totally cracks me up. Cintia just turned 2 and there is only about 7 inches between her height and McKenna's. Cintia is tall for her age which is so unusual since she is from Guatemala. Her birth mother was 4 feet 11 inches...so it looks like Miss Cintia had a very tall birth father. Based on her skin tone and other features....I wonder if he is Caucasian? That would explain the height and the skin. Hmmmmmmm..........We will never know for sure unless DNA testing could give us a hint. Pretty sad to have a piece of your past missing, but so it is with many children of international adoption. We are so blessed to keep McKenna's birth mom, Norma, in our lives. She provides the link we need for answering all of McKenna's questions. McKenna has not only met her and her half sister, but also has pictures of her grandfather and half brother. McKenna asks lots of questions and we feel blessed to have the answers.
Miss Cintia is having a great time and has been in rare form (well that is meant to be sarcastic because there is nothing rare about the "attitude" she has when she is tired...and Disney is all about being tired!) We are having a great time with amazing weather. For now, I will end with a funny note. Miss Sassafras has quite the mouth on her. She is so vocal that she goes to bed talking and wakes up talking. Though her body is lacking, her brain is not! She is very intelligent. After being extremely ugly while out eating pizza the other night (like one of the kids you see out and you say, if that were my child, I would.....), we buckled her in her car seat and gave her the talk. I told her she was being very ugly and was going back to the house to go directly to bed in her own bed. She really likes to sleep with us so that is not her pick if you know what I mean. She said, "No I not go to bed." I said, "Oh, yes you are." She said, "No, I not sleep in my bed." I said, "Oh yes, you are!" Then after a small pondering pause, she chimed in, "I going to my Granny Charlotte's house." I said, "What did you say?" She said, " I sleep in my Granny Charlotte's bed!" We all cracked up! She is a sassy little thing or should I say "thang"! I told Kenny we are in for trouble or should I say already in it! She is too smart for her little britches and has a mouth to back it up! A 2 year old with a 3 yr. old mouth......Oh Boy!
Once home, I plan to update at least 3 times a week to catch up the process we are now in so that everyone will know how to pray. Our homestudy is underway, our home visit complete, and our paperwork is in Guatemala.
Many Blessings!
April
1 comment:
ALRiGHT, I'VE HAD IT!!! WHEN AND WHERE ARE WE MEETING??? I need a Cintia fix please!!!!
Post a Comment