Friday, February 27, 2009

Please pray...

I am still awaiting that infamous tidbit of information from Guatemala that I should have received last week. It would answer the questions of the week: "DO WE HAVE SUPPORT FROM OUR JUDGE OR NOT??? SHOULD I START HOUSE SHOPPING IN GUATEMALA NOW OR CAN WE STAY HOME WHILE WE WORK THROUGH THE PROCESS??? SHOULD I START PREPARING CINTIA TO BE TORN FROM OUR ARMS OR FOR THE GREAT ESCAPE???" All of these questions have played through my mind a time or two...but not as often as they could. Honestly, I am in a daily sometimes hourly surrender mode of giving this burden to the One who holds the answer and has the ability to take care of it. At my moments of weakness when my flesh starts rolling with the "What If...." and my mind starts to worry...which is so far from the faith I should be living in, I simply surrender it again and again and again. We are all ready to do what needs to be done. I was walking into the kitchen this morning as Trey (my oldest son) was squatted in the floor with arms opened wide. As Stinkerbell ran full speed into his embrace, I heard him say, "Cintia, I love you sooo much!" That is the answer...we love her so much but God loves her even more. Who am I to expect less than the best from Him? Is He not paying attention while this precious little one's life is teetering in the balance? Does He hold her future or do I? I know He does and that He loves her infinitely more than I can ever hope to. Am I fearful that He wants to grow me in some way through experiencing loss? Do I believe that suffering teaches us more about leaning on Him than when life is grand? I live in that reality every day. I just have to remember that He loves me as much as Cintia and let Him take care of me as well.

I do believe that prayer makes the difference. I know that He hears our cries for Cintia and will respond. So...we must continue praying that Cintia's future with us will be secured.

Last night, I found out that Cintia's visa extension was forwarded to California for review. This means that there is very little chance to get an approval by April 9 (D-day or the day that Cintia has to back in Guatemala unless we get an extension). Please pray for expedience, for mercy, and for a timely approval so that this does not become the problem is has the potential to become. Again, we knew of the issues in Guatemala but this was not expected. What a life lessen...I can't think of the times I have thought life was grand when some unknown evil lerking monster was waiting to pounce. Please pray for this extension. It is something our attorney insists we need to protect Cintia. He just feels it unsafe for her in Guatemala at this time...emotionally and physically risky for her. Her health and life would be in great risk.

Many blessings!
April

No comments: