Saturday, April 18, 2009

Anybody out there???

If you check Cintia's blog and are lurking in the background somewhere....would you do me a favor? Comment...even anonymously so that I know who is reading. Otherwise, I need to start sending some emails to make sure we have some prayer warriors out there. Sometimes it seems I am typing to myself...which would be okay. I started this as a way to have a record for Cintia so she would know how her life with us began and progressed. I also wanted to have a way to let people know how to pray, and this was the easiest and quickest way.

I was in the shower with Cintia last night and we were just finishing up. She was having her usual blast in the shower. She looked up at me...then bounced up and down and said "Happy, happy girl!" Just like that...on her own without prompting. I thank God that she is so happy. April 1 of last year Cintia left "Lela" to join me on an adventure that would end up here with us a year later. She never looked back or cried. I remember this adorable little lump of a baby that seemed so much more a baby than a toddler. She had poor motor development and was developmentally delayed besides having her health problems. She didn't even no how to kiss....you can bet I taught her quickly how to give "sugar" or as she called it "shooga." She was still a baby...cute as a bug....but still a baby. Sometimes she would give these blank, emotionless stares like she was in her own world. It became obvious that she was in her crib waaaaaaaay too much. She was so used to her crib that I could just lay her down anytime and she would just lay there....never crying or wanting out. Now, her bed is like a nightmare to her. She only wants our bed and, even alone in it, considers it her place of comfort because we belong there too. I see no more blank stares...and although that took a while, she has completely bonded and found her place in our family. She now makes eye contact and body contact (true snuggling) that initially was hard for her. She wouldn't let us hold her close or snuggle her for months...and rocking her was out. Now...."Rocky baby!!!" is a daily request. She craves it. We have come so far to get to our "Happy, happy girl!!!" My prayer is that through all of this she will never have to stop growing in her love and security of a family and that she will remain our "Happy, happy girl!!!." In any crisis whether we are adults or kids, who is always there to pick up the pieces and offer a helping hand? Family....Everyone deserves and needs a family.

Blessings!
April

5 comments:

Wilma said...

Just a note to let you know I'm here checking on you all daily. Even when Gerald was in the hospital last week and I didn't get to check your family was in our prayers.
We look forward to meeting everyone someday.
Maybe soon we can have a big party celebrating Gerald getting a transplant and Cintia being a official Hayman. Prayers I promise daily. (several times a day)

You may have created a monster LOL I like to talk and type.

Prayers and Best wishes
Wilma Gamble

Anonymous said...

We check the blog daily. Cintia and your whole family are in our prayers daily as well.
Love,
The Verville's

Debbk said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am checking your site often and praying daily for your family. Your parents are so special to our SSclass and they also keep us updated every week. I was so glad to have met you at the hospital and and that precious child. I have a grandson Cintia's age and understand your passion to do what ever you have to, to protect her. Remember our God is an awesome God!! Debbie Jenkins

Tracey said...

We're here and we're praying! Thanks for keeping us posted!!!

Cindy said...

Thanks for keeping us updated on precious little Cintia. We are continuing to pray.