After making a call to Children of the Americas board director today to officially take Cintia's case out of their program, I was still pondering why they would not communicate with us and why that did not have the courtesy to at least give us a phone call regarding Cintia since this so called committee of 3 people began meeting in regards to something we are in the middle of. I know that my previous entry said we were free from them already but the entry was made prior to delivery of the "break up" message. I was encouraged to wait until after the weekend to see if anything changed by two very important people in this, the healthcare coordinator and my husband. So we waited. My stomach grew sick with concern. So, I decided to place another call to the director and flat out ask her. She refused to answer Kenny's email so I thought maybe a phone call would produce some answers. It did. They in fact have already filed a petition to the court which allegedly is to see what options were available to Cintia upon her return (i.e. special needs orphanage or private care). They did this without disclosing so the request is already filed. Our attorneys specifically said that we need to be the first to approach the judge if they are taking Cintia out of the program. Potentially, no harm is done or potentially, a lot of harm is done. We just don't know. I will speak with our attorney tomorrow and pray he can have some answers. We sent a very (probably too "very") to the point email to the committee expressing our disappointment in their unprofessional behavior and asked for full disclosure. Will we get it? Probably not. I just do not trust this lady (who is an attorney....no wonder she is sneaky) at all. So....please...please pray that no damage was done and that we can recover from this. We have another organization to back us bringing her back out but this will be a big push towards a move to Guatemala because we may not have time or the ability to change now. Ughhh! Please pray!
Blessings
April
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
KENNY AND APRIL,
WE ARE PRAYING! I pray Psalm 91 will bring you peace in this storm!
We love you and your family,
Ted, Pam, Rachel and Luke
Post a Comment