Today will be a tough day...but a good day. I never want to wish time away...especially in a circumstance like this, but it is time to get this behind us. Waiting is tough and I know tomorrow will be the hardest thing we have faced to date. Yet in spite of the obvious fears we have, we are ready to face the battle and watch God work in big ways. We fully believe that He will see us through this and we will emerge victorious with Cintia. Kenny nor I feel worried about the details. I really feel the details will look like another mountain to climb, but hey....God has been making a mountain climber out of me during these last 2 years so I am ready to climb Mt. Everest if need be. So we ready ourselves with all the necessary equipment....God's word, prayer, Christian attorneys, and a God who is able!
Sitting in a hotel room weighs on your spirit so it will be much better to get out amoungst the people next week. We will be in Antigua, our old hometown during McKenna's adoption, starting on Saturday. We will have to commute the hour into the city for appointments and meetings. The good thing for us is that we are so at home there and love to be amoung the people. Antigua is a big melting pot of Mayan artisans, market people, locals, and tourists. The needs of the country's peoplecan be clearly seen in many faces there. Living conditions are left behind in their own villages so you have to leave Antigua to see that, but the people are the same. We love Guatemala because of the people. Amazing how God can place a love for a people group in your heart where serving God by serving them fulfills you in a way like no other. I know all of you who have done mission work understand what I am saying.
Please pray for strength and comfort for us all...especially McKenna. She finally realized last night what could happen as the 3 of us girls were snuggled up on the couch. (Of course wild girl Cintia was sleeping in my arms and seemed very angelic at the time.) I looked down in my lap to see tears streaming down McKenna's face. She looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I don't want them to take Cintia away...." Kenny & I ached for her! I wiped her tears and answered that God is not going to let that happen..He has heard her prayers. That may not have been the right thing to say but I had to relieve her fears and I fully believe that He won't let that happen. I don't know how He is going to do all of this but I know that He will. I explained that if they took her to an orphanage we will go with her until we can get it all worked out. She shook her head in agreement. After she finally stopped crying, I asked her if giving up gymnastics, diving, and school would be worth it for Cintia, and she answered yes with more enthusiasm than I have seen before. I guess it is the reality up close that confirmed it for her. All of the kids are willing to move for her, but the younger one's say yes with an additional phrase that they would really rather stay home. Last night, McKenna could have cared less about staying home. She simply wanted reassurance that she could keep her baby sister.
Please keep the prayers going heavenward!
April
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
April- We have and will continue to pray for Cintia and your whole family down in Guatemala. I specifically will be praying that while you wait... God is behind the scenes moving this obstacle and that barrier for you. he truly can move mountains. I will also pray that the people you come into contact with down there would be able to see Christ in you and the love you all have for Cintia...
Hi April-
Payton has been keeping us updated. She is doing great. (I sent home a note that said "Dear Mom or Dad" she crossed it out and put "Dear brother Trey"! :)
I will be in Atlanta tomorrow at a Charlotte Mason conference. I will check this blog at some point.
We had a full faculty meeting today with Mrs. Hansard. She shared your story and we lifted you up in prayer. I know you'll see Him work in a powerful way.
Many blessings on all of you!
Diane Alosi
What an amazing time for McKenna. We will be praying for God to fill her with a peace that passes all understanding. Hugs and prayers for all of you. Tammy
Post a Comment