Friday, October 9, 2009

The day after...




Today will be a full day of getting paperwork and application fees and phone cards to call for a visa appointment. Our biggest hump will be getting an expedited appointment. It could take weeks, months, ????? so we may have to pull some strings to get an expedited appointment. It should be doable considering the pandemic at home and a doctor abroad (to which the US has a massive shortage of). Anyway, we are tackling the paperwork knowing God will work this out too.

After talking to Kenny who had the privilege of hearing the resolution from the judge (since I was busy comforting Cintia who woke up just at the right moment), we were one step from moving the kids to Guatemala in 2 weeks to start the adoption now. That is what the judge wanted to give us (which was a huge gift to be offered). She said it was the law that Cintia be here during the process. We know that God's timing is perfect and we do not second guess the delay we now face in the process. That delay gives us 10 months to prepare, for the kids to finish school & sports for the year, for us to gather adoption documents and residency documents, for us to find a place to live, and actually move at the best possible time (after school is out and summer swim is over...which means a lot to our kids). Kenny has high hopes of completing some big tasks at work and adding staff which may allow him to spend more time with us Guatemala. A big thing for me is that a dear friend who is on furlow (whom I will LOVE spending time with and who will help me with getting settled in (buying appliances, furniture, decorating...) will be back in Guatemala in June. She and her husband, Bob, and daughter, Bethany, are AMG missionaries who have already been here for 5 years. It is just a huge relief to know they will be here. She will fill a big whole in my life when I leave my sister, Deborah (although we share no family blood...we are spiritual sisters), in Tennessee. God supplies all of our needs and I feel so relieved to know I will have Robin here when we arrive. I have many Guatemalan friends that are here too & I cherish every single one of them. Kenny is getting to know them too and they will provide a good bridge from Tennessee to Guatemala for our family.

The first picture above was yesterday morning as we left for court. Both girls looked beautiful and cheerful. Little Miss Sunshine had on a dress that she picked out herself last Spring. She saw it and said, "Oh Mommy it's gor-gu-wus!" Needless to say, I bought it. It really makes her look like sunshine to me. The second picture is of Cintia and "Lela." Cintia wanted nothing to do with Lela until hours after she arrived...then I coaxed her into some pictures. She said, "Mommy, I don't know her." She was young when Lela had her so it is understandable...but it was sad nevertheless. Lela did not mind and was very happy for Cintia's new life. Her husband came too and was equally excited to see Cintia. It was obvious how much love they both have for her. They took many pictures.
Many blessings!
April

No comments: