Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A laugh to remember!

I haven’t laughed that much in a very long time! Honestly, I almost wet my pants (although I can’t believe I just put that on this blog). Tears were streaming from almost every person in the Quick Photo of downtown Antigua! One picture was all we needed and every time the lady tried to snap the picture, Cintia went “Cheeeeeeeeeze!!!” with her eyes squinted shut and held the “pose” for longer than we could keep a straight face. She would frame her face with her hands then do something equally silly like pucker her lips while squinting her eyes. Then we would say, “Cintia, you have to open your eyes!” So she would cross her eyes on purpose at which point no one could keep from laughing which reverted her to “Cheeeeeeeeeze!” again. We then tried to tell her not to smile at all….so she would cross her eyes and stick her tongue out. Oh my goodness…it took at least 10 minutes and 2 different cameras (why the lady thought that would help I’ll never know) to get one little visa picture. We could have won America’s Funniest Home Videos had we caught it on film…that is unless we were disqualified for being in Guatemala…not quite sure how that works. Unfortunately, we did not have the video camera. The little Mayan family sitting there waiting for their pictures were cracking up just like us! Cintia is a stinker!

On the visa front, we never got the call or email about our appointment time tomorrow. Sooooooo, we are showing up. I'll update tomorrow with the news of who is making it home on Saturday...all of us or just Kenny. We shall see! We have a full day planned with a visit from McKenna's birth family. She is very excited! We will take pictures of her with her brand new niece and post them soon.

Keep those prayers going!

Blessings to you all!
April

No comments: