Sunday, October 11, 2009

Life is an adventure!

Unless you have spent lots of time in a 3rd world country, you may never know how much of an adventure daily life can be. I have soooooo many stories from when we lived here before, but truthfully thought we would make it out pretty easily this time. That was not to be the case!

This time, Kenny got to first hand have "ONE OF THOSE MOMENTS" where you just want to blink your eyes or tap your heels together 3 times and be back home in an instant. "Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore!!!" I have to let him recover before posting it...mentally recover that is....but boy is it a good story! God is good all the time so I will give you this much...it could have been much worse and everything that happened is fixable. It is just a reminder that things happen and God is there protecting us as we go. Kenny said this, "I know things always happen for a reason, but I'm gonna have to wait for God to show me why this happened...because I just can't see it yet."

One thing is for sure, being out of the city reminds us that we are not in Kansas anymore (or in our case Tennessee) and we have a lot of preparing to do before next August. This country is full of beautiful, intelligent people who have so much to teach us...but we have yo learn to communicate better or we will be missing out! Being in a hotel in the city does not show you Guatemala...it spoils you to being pampered and appreciated. Step out on your own and it is a whole new world! We have so much to relearn and even more to learn brand new!

Cintia & McKenna just went swimming in the "kiddy cat pool" as Cintia called it. She is now waiting for a "pee pee & J" sandwich so I better go fix her one. I picked up Peter Pan peanut butter (I was too cheap to spend the extra for my favorite...Jif) and I bought some local brand fresa jam...strawberry....Yummy! I also went to a bakery for fresh bread so we are gonna eat in our room without the room service that Princessa McKenna has grown to love like her Mama. Kenny thinks it is hilarious but we both love to have room service....staying in and eating in comfort. Kenny likes to go out...he is definitely a go out kind of guy...since birth I think his mom told me. But today, we eat in for a lot less money and will enjoy it just as much.

More later!

Blessings to you all!
April

No comments: