Sunday, October 18, 2009

We're home!

It's Sunday morning...1:25 a.m. and I'm beat! After a couple hours sleep, it has has been a long day. I traveled with the wild child and McKenna...excuse me, I mean "my sweet Cintia" and McKenna. Exhausting! McKenna is a trooper! She tolerates the meanness very well (not that it would change anything if she didn't tolerate it). Eventually, we will get a hold on the hitting and pinching...eventually the spitting...and the sassy mouth...well that one will take a while!

Our visa is a one year multi-entry visa expiring mid October 2010 (that was our ticket out of Guatemala). Her visa entry stamp (her ticket for how long she can stay in the country without filing an extension or leaving the country and re-entering for a new date stamp took a little work. The guy at immigration could only give 6 months...his supervisor could only give 6 months...and dang it...I did not want to have to file upteen thousand pages of paperwork and pay $300 for an extension. Soooooo...I was given the option of doing an appeal to the higher ups. So the girls and I went in the room with other folks who either didn't keep their immigration record clean or were begging for something like us. The guy who got our paperwork asked anther guy who said it had to go higher up. Finally, a very nice older gentleman said, "She's only 3 years old...no problem....give her 12 months. If you need longer, file an extension. " Apparently if she had been school age, it might have been different. Anyway....all went well.

I am going to bed. Kenny should be here in another hour. I have lots to share from the last couple of days with some great pictures but it will have to wait until later.

Blessings to you all!
April

No comments: