I did correspond with our attorney this evening. He gave me specifics on the letter we need to get from one or both of Cintia's doctors. It basically needs to give her permission to go out of the country but specifically state that she needs to return by the end of the month for treatment. I am to overnight one copy ASAP and have another copy authenticated to present later at the court appearance. (US documents need to have authentication at the county, state, and national level to show that they are indeed legal documents. All it means here is that the notary is a notary, the county clerk who swore in the notary is a county clerk, the sec. of state who swore in the county clerk is a sec. of state, and so on.) It will then be registered in Guatemala and be deemed a real document of truth...truthfully from the person who wrote it and signed it.) Now the tricky part is getting this done tomorrow or Thursday and getting the authentication process done in time. It is doable...just tricky. Once the non-authenticated letter arrives in Guatemala, my attorney will schedule a meeting with the judge, present the letter to her, and go over the process again and hopefully get a court date. The purpose of the letter is to help us get a court date sooner and still get back before her visa expires. He does not want to present the visa issue as a reason to the judge. I have to trust him on that.
We will be talking (really talking...like using our voices instead of cyberspace) on the phone tomorrow around 1:00 our time to have my questions and concerns addressed. I am eager and scared at the same time.
Please pray. I get the feeling our judge isn't jumping up and down excited to do this. I get the feeling it is taking some convincing from our attorney. Pray! Pray! Pray!
I will update tomorrow afternoon after I find out more.
Many Blessings!
April
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment