Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So we wait...

We are awaiting the court date and more information to prepare for our trip. We are praying for expedience (week after next) to give us cushion with the visa issue and also because it's spring break for 4 out of the 5 school age kids. It's tough finding a good time to pawn off the "schedule" as the grandparents like to call it...but that is by far the best time.

We are praying for and believing the best but preparing for next to the worst. Suffice it to say we would rather be in Guatemala with Cintia than anywhere in the world without her. I do believe at some point we will have to stay there for a while to complete an adoption but I really don't feel that now is the time. However, God's timing is perfect so if He says, "Go!" we are there! If given the option of returning without Cintia or staying for the long haul...we are staying in Guatemala. Kenny of course will return to work and just travel as he can. The long haul will be long since adoptions are closed and Cintia is not yet "adoptable" anyway. We have a long way to go. Ideally, we will keep her here as long as we can. Once her abandonment is complete, we will either take her back to Guatemala or an even bigger miracle would be that next April we could adopt her US side. All that is assuming the US will let us keep her here and Guatemala let's us bring her back out. So many unknowns.... The worst case as you all know is that they yank her from our arms and place her in an orphanage. I will not visit that idea because I believe that God will protect her from that.

If you know me well, you can guess that I am going with all my guns loaded. I will be paper-loaded because the courts love paper in Guatemala. I will be armed with prayer and emotional support. Normally, Kenny and I don't travel together out of the country unless all our kids are with us. This time, I need him with me. We will be carrying the pistol-packing priss of all prisses with us. She is sure to swoon all who meet her, and before we leave,she will have everyone on her side.

Next update will have details of when and what is going to happen. Please keep those prayers going heavenward.

Pray for:
attorney: Marco Tulio Mérida Cifuentes
judge: Angelica Noemi Tellez Hernandez
Dr. Angel and Dr. Smith who will help me with some needed papers
Jody: friend and advocate as well as in charge of "visa extension"
Wisdom for preparing and peace of mind
Protection for Cintia

Many Blessings!
April

No comments: