Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh boy......

We are at Minor's Court #2. There are at least 3 judges for minor's court. We have judge #2 on our case because she is who we saw last April. Now, read the message received yesterday from our attorney and judge for yourself. God has changed the course we are to take whether in time, person, or both.

"The Judge of the Minor´s Court # 2 was suspended because of a medical treatment. The Judge of the Minor´s Court # 1 is ruling over some cases that are at the Court # 2 until the Judge returns to work. Today we asked her (#1) if she can rule over the petition we presented on your behalf, so we´ll have to keep on checking on Monday."

Yes, I emailed back asking if this would upset our judge (#2) and if our attorney knows judge #1. I haven't received a reply yet. One thing I do know is that our attorneys do not want to lose this case and allow us to lose Cintia. I do trust them, but more importantly we trust God's perfect timing and provision. I have some concerns with our judge (judge#2..our original judge) since we have seen her before. Those things would not be things of concern with judge #1 (who I assume has issues of her own that should concern me...I just don't know what those issues are yet). If we are denied being ruled on by judge (#1) and we see that we will have to wait until after Cintia's visa has expired to go to court, we will ask to wait until later in May when the kids are finished with school. Although it delays the inevitable (positive or negative), it would make life easier should we find we need to stay in Guatemala. The kids could all go with me then and Kenny could return to work without the kids' schedules to keep up with. So....we wait and see.

By the way, although Cintia's visa expires the first part of April and our extension has not been approved, I spoke with immigration earlier this week and found out that she is fine to stay in the country because her case is pending and her immigration record will be wiped clean....meaning she will not be here illegally. That is good news. If we wait until May to go, I have adequate documentation to show the extension has been applied for & should it be approved before then, it will give them a good reason to grant her another multi-entry visa to bring her back to the US on. Again, God always goes ahead of us to keep a light shining at the end of this dark tunnel we find ourselves in.

Thanks for praying and please continue!

Blessings!
April

No comments: